WOODLANDS pupils were celebrating success at the annual school cross country race, held at Bure Park. Year five began the afternoon with team wins for the school in both the boys' and girls' races.
WOODLANDS pupils were celebrating success at the annual school cross country race, held at Bure Park.
Year five began the afternoon with team wins for the school in both the boys' and girls' races. For the boys D Applegate picked up a 2nd place, with V Simmonds, P Baker and B Clarke taking an unprecedented 1st, 2nd and 3rd to win the girls' race.
Year six competed well, but were beaten by a strong Cliff Park team. A King was 2nd place for the girls, with the girls' and boys' teams taking the 2nd place overall in the team race.
Both the year seven teams, girls and boys, took the title for the second successive year. R Fryer, J Burrell and A Bray all finished in the top 10 and will now go on to represent the Great Yarmouth area in the county race later in the month. For the girls, R McCarney, C Hacon, K Applegate, C Simmonds, C Allen, and E Fennell, all finished in the top 10, and will also represent the Yarmouth area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 2 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 6 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park