WOODLANDS pupils were celebrating success at the annual school cross country race, held at Bure Park. Year five began the afternoon with team wins for the school in both the boys' and girls' races.
WOODLANDS pupils were celebrating success at the annual school cross country race, held at Bure Park.
Year five began the afternoon with team wins for the school in both the boys' and girls' races. For the boys D Applegate picked up a 2nd place, with V Simmonds, P Baker and B Clarke taking an unprecedented 1st, 2nd and 3rd to win the girls' race.
Year six competed well, but were beaten by a strong Cliff Park team. A King was 2nd place for the girls, with the girls' and boys' teams taking the 2nd place overall in the team race.
Both the year seven teams, girls and boys, took the title for the second successive year. R Fryer, J Burrell and A Bray all finished in the top 10 and will now go on to represent the Great Yarmouth area in the county race later in the month. For the girls, R McCarney, C Hacon, K Applegate, C Simmonds, C Allen, and E Fennell, all finished in the top 10, and will also represent the Yarmouth area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 10 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun