WOODLANDS pupils were celebrating success at the annual school cross country race, held at Bure Park. Year five began the afternoon with team wins for the school in both the boys' and girls' races.
WOODLANDS pupils were celebrating success at the annual school cross country race, held at Bure Park.
Year five began the afternoon with team wins for the school in both the boys' and girls' races. For the boys D Applegate picked up a 2nd place, with V Simmonds, P Baker and B Clarke taking an unprecedented 1st, 2nd and 3rd to win the girls' race.
Year six competed well, but were beaten by a strong Cliff Park team. A King was 2nd place for the girls, with the girls' and boys' teams taking the 2nd place overall in the team race.
Both the year seven teams, girls and boys, took the title for the second successive year. R Fryer, J Burrell and A Bray all finished in the top 10 and will now go on to represent the Great Yarmouth area in the county race later in the month. For the girls, R McCarney, C Hacon, K Applegate, C Simmonds, C Allen, and E Fennell, all finished in the top 10, and will also represent the Yarmouth area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 6 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 7 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 8 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 9 Historic town wasteland transformed into vivid urban garden
- 10 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns