Workers lift the lid on Yarmouth Market
A �28,000 project to replace the canopy over Great Yarmouth's market began this week.Removal of the old roof began yesterday with repainting work on the steel structure expected to start next week.
A �28,000 project to replace the canopy over Great Yarmouth's market began this week.
Removal of the old roof began yesterday with repainting work on the steel structure expected to start next week.
Duncan Mallet, market manager, said: “The old roof was put on in the early 1990s and was suffering the wear and tear that time and the elements had inflicted.
“The new canopy will be white to help give the market a lighter and brighter feel.”
You may also want to watch:
Work is being carried out after 6pm and on Sundays when the market is closed and contractors will put up a temporary roof to protect stalls from the elements.
The new canopy will be put up next month and the project, funded by the borough council, should be finished by early July.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 10 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'