Workers lift the lid on Yarmouth Market
A �28,000 project to replace the canopy over Great Yarmouth's market began this week.Removal of the old roof began yesterday with repainting work on the steel structure expected to start next week.
A �28,000 project to replace the canopy over Great Yarmouth's market began this week.
Removal of the old roof began yesterday with repainting work on the steel structure expected to start next week.
Duncan Mallet, market manager, said: “The old roof was put on in the early 1990s and was suffering the wear and tear that time and the elements had inflicted.
“The new canopy will be white to help give the market a lighter and brighter feel.”
You may also want to watch:
Work is being carried out after 6pm and on Sundays when the market is closed and contractors will put up a temporary roof to protect stalls from the elements.
The new canopy will be put up next month and the project, funded by the borough council, should be finished by early July.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 7 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 8 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 10 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton