Overseas stars fly in for Indoor Bowls championship action
- Credit: Archant
Bowls stars from around the world are set for 17 days of thrilling competition as this year’s World Indoor Bowls Championships officially get underway.
The tournament begins on Friday (January 10) at Potters Resort, with five world titles will be claimed between now and January 26.
Players from New Zealand, Hong Kong, Australia, South Africa, Israel and Canada have flown in to take on the best of Britain and Ireland.
The most coveted crown in indoor bowls is the Open Singles - and world number two Greg Harlow is relishing the opportunity to go head-to-head with overseas talent.
He said: "I think the crowd enjoy watching overseas players because they only get a few chances a year to witness them."
You may also want to watch:
Day tickets start from as little as £5 per person per day while a two night world bowls break starts from £219 per person based on standard bungalow accommodation.
The 2020 World Indoor Bowls Championships are organised by the World Bowls Tour and sponsored by Just.
For information on Potters Resort or to book call Potters Reservations Team on 0333 3207 497 or visit www.pottersholidays.com
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 6 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 10 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears