World's funniest joke
THE world's funniest joke has been revealed after a magazine scoured the globe in search of the best gag.Reader's Digest received entries from all 50 of its international editions, with readers invited to pick their favourite from a shortlist of 30.
THE world's funniest joke has been revealed after a magazine scoured the globe in search of the best gag.
Reader's Digest received entries from all 50 of its international editions, with readers invited to pick their favourite from a shortlist of 30.
J�rgen J�nssen of Sj�bo in Sweden claimed the crown, winning $1,000 for his joke about a chance encounter between an arrogant city man and a bemused farmer.
The UK's entry, by comedian Milton Jones, finished 26th.
You may also want to watch:
Reader's Digest's UK Commissioning Editor Simon Hemelryk said: “The winning joke has a universally appealing theme: the little guy putting one over on the pompous idiot.
“If the British joke didn't do as well as it could have, that's probably because its word play was lost in translation!”
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 3 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 4 Nine cars damaged in overnight spree in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Drone captures unique view of Norfolk landmark
- 6 Woman threatened with 10in bread knife and two meat cleavers, court told
- 7 Woman, 29, gets cervical cancer all-clear after lockdown shock
- 8 How can Hemsby best be protected from surging seas?
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Free wi-fi launched in Great Yarmouth’s Market Place
The World's Funniest Joke:
A well-dressed man from Stockholm on a hunting trip takes aim and shoots a duck. But the fowl drops into a farmer's field and the farmer claims it. Since both want the bird, the farmer suggests settling it the old-fashioned way: with a hick-kick.
“I kick you as hard as I can in the crotch, then you do the same to me,” he explains. “Whoever screams the least gets the duck.”
The city man agrees. So the farmer winds up and delivers a crushing blow to the man's privates.
He collapses to the ground. When he finally manages to stand, he gasps, “My turn.”
“Nah,” says the farmer, turning away. “You can keep the duck.”
The UK Entry:
“About a month before he died, my grandmother covered my grandfather's back with lard. After that, he went downhill very quickly.”