World's funniest joke
THE world's funniest joke has been revealed after a magazine scoured the globe in search of the best gag.Reader's Digest received entries from all 50 of its international editions, with readers invited to pick their favourite from a shortlist of 30.
THE world's funniest joke has been revealed after a magazine scoured the globe in search of the best gag.
Reader's Digest received entries from all 50 of its international editions, with readers invited to pick their favourite from a shortlist of 30.
J�rgen J�nssen of Sj�bo in Sweden claimed the crown, winning $1,000 for his joke about a chance encounter between an arrogant city man and a bemused farmer.
The UK's entry, by comedian Milton Jones, finished 26th.
You may also want to watch:
Reader's Digest's UK Commissioning Editor Simon Hemelryk said: “The winning joke has a universally appealing theme: the little guy putting one over on the pompous idiot.
“If the British joke didn't do as well as it could have, that's probably because its word play was lost in translation!”
- 1 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 2 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 3 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 4 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'
- 10 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
The World's Funniest Joke:
A well-dressed man from Stockholm on a hunting trip takes aim and shoots a duck. But the fowl drops into a farmer's field and the farmer claims it. Since both want the bird, the farmer suggests settling it the old-fashioned way: with a hick-kick.
“I kick you as hard as I can in the crotch, then you do the same to me,” he explains. “Whoever screams the least gets the duck.”
The city man agrees. So the farmer winds up and delivers a crushing blow to the man's privates.
He collapses to the ground. When he finally manages to stand, he gasps, “My turn.”
“Nah,” says the farmer, turning away. “You can keep the duck.”
The UK Entry:
“About a month before he died, my grandmother covered my grandfather's back with lard. After that, he went downhill very quickly.”