Create your own DIY Christmas wreath for free at community garden
- Credit: Community Roots/MIND
This year, more than any other, your front door is not dressed for Christmas without one.
And help is at hand for anyone that wants to have a go at making their own DIY showstopper wreath but doesn't know where to start.
Norfolk and Waveney Mind is running free wreath-making workshops at its Community Roots gardening project in Southtown.
Participants use willow and greenery grown at the garden to weave the home-brightening decorations, along with traditional materials like holly and pine cones.
Hot drinks and friendly chat add to the Christmas spirit, with participants praising the “lovely friendly environment to be involved in making natural things – good for the soul” and “a very enjoyable, safe session”.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Fernandez, horticultural projects manager at Norfolk and Waveney Mind, said: “We were delighted to offer a safe way for people to come together and enjoy a festive activity in a safe and welcoming way.
“Spending time with others, being in nature, and doing something creative are all brilliant ways that we can look after our wellbeing through the winter.”
- 1 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 2 'Public' swimming pool could have to shut after mystery complaint
- 3 Man throws bottle through house window in confrontation
- 4 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 7 Wigwams approved - but villagers feel 'overpowered' by tourist industry
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
- 10 Missing man found safe and well
There is one more workshop on Wednesday, December 16, 10pm to 12pm, free with a suggested donation of £5.
Booking is essential – via email@example.com or phone 07814 116698 for more information, and to find out about other art and craft activities coming up at Community Roots in 2021.