Woman rescued from water in Broads village
- Credit: Archant
A woman was rescued from the water on New Year’s Eve after emergency services and lifeboat crews were called to a village on the Broads.
Hemsby Broads Rescue was alerted at 8pm on December 31 to reports of a woman in the water at Wroxham.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, Norfolk Police and East of England Ambulance Service, as well as Winterton and Bacton Coastguard teams, also rushed to the scene.
On arrival a woman was recovered with a throw line by fire crew.
The police are currently investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Hurd, coxswain at Hemsby Lifeboat, said: "Mental health is an ongoing issue, particularly at this time of year, and often all that is needed is for those close to us to take time to talk and reassure.
"Stay safe and on behalf of the crew of Hemsby Rescue we wish you all a prosperous and safe new year."
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 5 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 10 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus