Singing brothers to add X-tra sparkle to Gorleston festive switch-on
- Credit: ITV/ X Factor
A 5000-strong crowd is expected in Gorleston on Sunday (November 25) as the town switches on its festive lights.
Singing brothers Leon and Alex Mallett from Lingwood, who appeared on last year’s X Factor television talent show, are part of the entertainment.
They will be singing pop covers and a song they wrote themselves from 4pm, ahead of the 5pm switch-on by Norfolk celebrity chef Galton Blackiston, and fireworks at 6pm.
Activities, including stalls, rides, skating rink and a craft fair in the Green Bear club, start at noon.
Santa will be in his grotto at the Fusion Hair Consultants studio from 1pm to 6pm, DJ Chris Speed will play music and Mr Blackiston will sign copies of his latest book.
You may also want to watch:
The fireworks are launched from the roof of the cinema.
The event is run by the Gorleston Traders Association, supported by funding from the Greater Yarmouth Tourism and Business Improvement Area.
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 10 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid