Yarmouth Age Concern meeting
AGE Concern is calling on residents to join the “silver army” of voters fighting for better conditions for older people.The group say they are a growing and powerful voice in the community and with a general election in the offing there is much to prepare for.
AGE Concern is calling on residents to join the “silver army” of voters fighting for better conditions for older people.
The group say they are a growing and powerful voice in the community and with a general election in the offing there is much to prepare for.
An open meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 13 from 10am to lunchtime, run by Eamon McGrath, Development Officer at Age Concern Norfolk at Christchurch, King Street.
The group remind the “silver army” they will be speaking up for the millions of older voters who, due to various reasons, cannot express themselves as effectively and are also setting the groundwork for the coming generation.
You may also want to watch:
The interactive session will show people how they can be more effective in lobbying MPs and councillors, speaking to the media, being a case history and providing evidence for a campaign among others.
Anyone interested in attending should call Lydia on 01493 743052 to reserve a place.
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 8 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence