Yarmouth Age Concern meeting
AGE Concern is calling on residents to join the “silver army” of voters fighting for better conditions for older people.The group say they are a growing and powerful voice in the community and with a general election in the offing there is much to prepare for.
AGE Concern is calling on residents to join the “silver army” of voters fighting for better conditions for older people.
The group say they are a growing and powerful voice in the community and with a general election in the offing there is much to prepare for.
An open meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 13 from 10am to lunchtime, run by Eamon McGrath, Development Officer at Age Concern Norfolk at Christchurch, King Street.
The group remind the “silver army” they will be speaking up for the millions of older voters who, due to various reasons, cannot express themselves as effectively and are also setting the groundwork for the coming generation.
You may also want to watch:
The interactive session will show people how they can be more effective in lobbying MPs and councillors, speaking to the media, being a case history and providing evidence for a campaign among others.
Anyone interested in attending should call Lydia on 01493 743052 to reserve a place.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 8 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 9 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 10 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening