Yarmouth Age Concern meeting
AGE Concern is calling on residents to join the “silver army” of voters fighting for better conditions for older people.The group say they are a growing and powerful voice in the community and with a general election in the offing there is much to prepare for.
AGE Concern is calling on residents to join the “silver army” of voters fighting for better conditions for older people.
The group say they are a growing and powerful voice in the community and with a general election in the offing there is much to prepare for.
An open meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 13 from 10am to lunchtime, run by Eamon McGrath, Development Officer at Age Concern Norfolk at Christchurch, King Street.
The group remind the “silver army” they will be speaking up for the millions of older voters who, due to various reasons, cannot express themselves as effectively and are also setting the groundwork for the coming generation.
You may also want to watch:
The interactive session will show people how they can be more effective in lobbying MPs and councillors, speaking to the media, being a case history and providing evidence for a campaign among others.
Anyone interested in attending should call Lydia on 01493 743052 to reserve a place.
- 1 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 2 Pile of fly-tipped rubbish (including a car) finally cleared away
- 3 Village bids for 'summer evening vibe' with launch of outdoor market
- 4 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 5 Popular tea room to reopen on the Broads
- 6 How did Norfolk man end up buried in Iceland?
- 7 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 8 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 9 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 10 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend