Yarmouth asked to rally to cancer event
Great Yarmouth is being asked to rally to the aid of a big charity cancer event next month.Macmillan Cancer Support's Big Coffee Morning wants to encourage 200 hosts from across Yarmouth to join in with the fundraising event.
Great Yarmouth is being asked to rally to the aid of a big charity cancer event next month.
Macmillan Cancer Support's Big Coffee Morning wants to encourage 200 hosts from across Yarmouth to join in with the fundraising event.
This year's Feeling Good theme aims to shrug off the economic gloom for a cuppa and chat - either at home with family and friends or on a wider scale at work.
Lorna Willis fundraising manager for Norfolk and Suffolk said Yarmouth was a densely populated area with close knit communities that enjoyed a natter - perfect coffee drinking conditions.
You may also want to watch:
She added that while fundraising was more challenging during the credit crunch, its funds were needed more than ever to help people with cancer.
Ms Willis said that because more people were surviving cancer the emphasis had shifted from palliative care to supporting the cancer journey from the bombshell of diagnosis to travelling for treatment.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 7 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 10 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
Macmillan provides balloons and posters for your event and is keen for people to adapt it to their lifestyle or premises by maybe having a smoothie party on a boat.
To get involved call 0845 6021246 or Lorna Willis on 01449 770409 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee