Yarmouth asked to rally to cancer event
Great Yarmouth is being asked to rally to the aid of a big charity cancer event next month.Macmillan Cancer Support's Big Coffee Morning wants to encourage 200 hosts from across Yarmouth to join in with the fundraising event.
Great Yarmouth is being asked to rally to the aid of a big charity cancer event next month.
Macmillan Cancer Support's Big Coffee Morning wants to encourage 200 hosts from across Yarmouth to join in with the fundraising event.
This year's Feeling Good theme aims to shrug off the economic gloom for a cuppa and chat - either at home with family and friends or on a wider scale at work.
Lorna Willis fundraising manager for Norfolk and Suffolk said Yarmouth was a densely populated area with close knit communities that enjoyed a natter - perfect coffee drinking conditions.
She added that while fundraising was more challenging during the credit crunch, its funds were needed more than ever to help people with cancer.
Ms Willis said that because more people were surviving cancer the emphasis had shifted from palliative care to supporting the cancer journey from the bombshell of diagnosis to travelling for treatment.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 7 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 9 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 10 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
Macmillan provides balloons and posters for your event and is keen for people to adapt it to their lifestyle or premises by maybe having a smoothie party on a boat.
To get involved call 0845 6021246 or Lorna Willis on 01449 770409 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee