Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- Credit: James Weeds
A barber who was given a generous tip by a mystery customer has asked for the anonymous do-gooder to reveal themselves so he can say a simple, 'thank you'.
David Cardoso, owner of new barber's shop, Billions, in Victoria arcade, re-opened his doors on Monday, April 12, ready to get "hands on" now that the restrictions were lifted.
However, Mr Cardoso was surprised to see an envelope on the floor.
Inside was a card wishing him the best of luck as well as £60 in cash.
The card read: "I am so impressed that you started your business during a pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
"I enclose a very small gift which I hope will cheer you up."
The card does contain a signature, but it is only one name and difficult to read.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 4 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
Mr Cardoso said: "I thought this was very kind and it really did touch me.
"I would be so grateful to at least be able to say thank you to them."