Yarmouth boom in air-filled breast enhancers
VALUE chain 99p Stores has seen 99p breast enhancement and anti-wrinkle cream products soar 600pc in the region in the last fortnight in the wake of the breast implant crisis.
The 99p Stores chain - which has stores in Great Yarmouth and Norwich - says this could indicate the public is losing confidence in cosmetic surgery.
Its padded bra has surged three-fold in the last fortnight, and the chain also sells air-filled breast enhancers, breast tape and anti-wrinkle creams.
Boss of the chain Hussein Lalani said: “We have had such products on shelves for more than three years and they have always been a very popular seller.
“But in the last two weeks sales have soared.
You may also want to watch:
“It may be a subconscious thing. For example women may be thinking that any future plans of implants should go on hold or postponed in view of the crisis and that in the meantime they want practical non-surgery profile boosts.”
- 1 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 8 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 9 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms