Yarmouth building society robbery latest
POLICE have today renewed their appeal for information following a robbery at a Great Yarmouth building society.The robbery happened at around 6.50 pm yesterday, Thursday, at Nationwide Building Society, in Market Place, in the town.
POLICE have today renewed their appeal for information following a robbery at a Great Yarmouth building society.
The robbery happened at around 6.50 pm yesterday, Thursday, at Nationwide Building Society, in Market Place, in the town.
A group of three men, all with their faces covered, forced their way into the branch and threatened two male security staff who were in the process of refilling the cash machine.
A number of cassettes, containing an undisclosed amount of cash were taken and the three robbers fled the scene heading towards Howard Street. They were then believed to have been spotted running towards the Quay at which time there were no further sightings.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rickie Botwright, who is heading the investigation, said: “The attack only lasted a matter of seconds and fortunately no-one was injured but both security guards were left very shaken.
“We would appeal for anyone who saw three males acting suspiciously in the area shortly before the incident or who may have seen anyone fleeing the scene to contact us immediately.”
- 1 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 4 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 7 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 8 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
The three were described as wearing dark, hooded jackets.
Police are considering the possibility the incident may have been linked to an armed robbery in Thetford on Wednesday.
On this occasion three men, all wearing dark clothing, and one armed with what appeared to be a handgun, stole a quantity of cash from the security van parked outside Nationwide Building Society, at Riverside Walk, Thetford.
This incident took place at around 6.30pm and the offenders then made off on foot.
Witnesses are asked to contact DI Rickie Botwright at Great Yarmouth CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.