Yarmouth chemical leak evacuation
UP to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.The leak happened at about 12.
UP to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.
The leak happened at about 12.20pm while a tanker was delivering CO2 to FlameSkill in Morton Peto Road.
FlameSkill and neighbouring business units were evacuated as at least six firecrews were called in to tackle the leak.
The area remains closed off while firefighters wait to see if the CO2 leak has been contained and removed.
You may also want to watch:
FlameSkill supplies, maintains and tests firefighting and safety equipment.
- 1 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 2 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 6 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth