Yarmouth chemical leak evacuation
UP to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.The leak happened at about 12.
UP to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.
The leak happened at about 12.20pm while a tanker was delivering CO2 to FlameSkill in Morton Peto Road.
FlameSkill and neighbouring business units were evacuated as at least six firecrews were called in to tackle the leak.
The area remains closed off while firefighters wait to see if the CO2 leak has been contained and removed.
You may also want to watch:
FlameSkill supplies, maintains and tests firefighting and safety equipment.
- 1 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 2 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 3 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 4 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 5 65,000 attend Out There Festival
- 6 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears
- 7 National newspaper names Great Yarmouth as a top autumn destination
- 8 Photo gallery: Memories of the lost lido at Gorleston seafront
- 9 New street art supports City of Culture bid
- 10 Two people injured in A47 crash