Yarmouth College teenagers rewarded
TEENAGERS celebrated “outstanding” achievements at a special awards ceremony at Great Yarmouth College.They had all successfully completed the college's Entry to Employment programme (E2E) in construction, specially designed to help 16 to 18-year-olds with few or no school qualifications on to a pathway to work.
TEENAGERS celebrated “outstanding” achievements at a special awards ceremony at Great Yarmouth College.
They had all successfully completed the college's Entry to Employment programme (E2E) in construction, specially designed to help 16 to 18-year-olds with few or no school qualifications on to a pathway to work.
Staff voted to find the winner of the Learner of the Year and the e2e Achievement awards and learners voted for each other for the Learners' Learner of the Year.
Learner of the Year was Brady Greengrass, chosen by staff for his “mature attitude to all areas of his work, had high attendance and punctuality and achieved continually throughout his course.”
The Achievement Award was presented to Ali Edwards, who staff said had “shown an ability to overcome challenges, accept help and achieve in all areas of his work.”
Learners' Learner of the Year was Michael Woodrow for being a role model to his peers and leading by example.
- 1 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 2 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 6 Takeaways in and around Great Yarmouth with five-star food hygiene ratings
- 7 Great Yarmouth fashion boss offers free Maldives holiday
- 8 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 9 New thrill ride arrives at seaside theme park
- 10 Erosion-risk coastwatch tower to be dismantled
Winners received a certificate, trophy and gift voucher and runners up received a certificate.
On E2E, teenagers are offered support to learn vocational skills in many areas - from brickwork to travel and tourism - as well as literacy, numeracy and key skills and personal and social development work.