Yarmouth fun day boosts community pride
SOUTHTOWN Common in Great Yarmouth has been put firmly on the map organisers of a community fun day said this week. The event achieved its aim to build on community pride in the area and for local residents to have some fun.
SOUTHTOWN Common in Great Yarmouth has been put firmly on the map organisers of a community fun day said this week.
The event achieved its aim to build on community pride in the area and for local residents to have some fun.
Organised by Halfway House Co-op and The Commoners Youth Club the event included a series of activities and displays by various way.
Dozens of people attended the event taking with some taking part in a skateboard competition thanks to Smash Skates, a fashion parade, music face painting and street dancing.
You may also want to watch:
The event was supported by the Cobholm and Southtown safer neighbourhood team, Community Connections, and Yarmouth Borough Council community housing.
Yarmouth MP Tony Wright opened the event which took place last Wednesday.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 4 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 5 'I want to help as many people as I can' - Caister student's song for mental health
- 6 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 7 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 8 Abba and Beyoncé bottomless brunches coming to Norfolk venue
- 9 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 10 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
David Hutchinson, from Community Connections, said he would like to thank everyone involved in the day including Jankie D's community workshops, Norfolk Fire Service, Great Yarmouth Bras Band, and stallholders.
It is hoped to hold a similar event next year.
Pictured are Yazmin and Tazmin, two of the Commoners Youth Club taking part in the Under the Sea Fashion Parade.