Yarmouth fun day boosts community pride
SOUTHTOWN Common in Great Yarmouth has been put firmly on the map organisers of a community fun day said this week. The event achieved its aim to build on community pride in the area and for local residents to have some fun.
SOUTHTOWN Common in Great Yarmouth has been put firmly on the map organisers of a community fun day said this week.
The event achieved its aim to build on community pride in the area and for local residents to have some fun.
Organised by Halfway House Co-op and The Commoners Youth Club the event included a series of activities and displays by various way.
Dozens of people attended the event taking with some taking part in a skateboard competition thanks to Smash Skates, a fashion parade, music face painting and street dancing.
You may also want to watch:
The event was supported by the Cobholm and Southtown safer neighbourhood team, Community Connections, and Yarmouth Borough Council community housing.
Yarmouth MP Tony Wright opened the event which took place last Wednesday.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Man released on bail following Gorleston murder arrest
- 3 Vacant bar, restaurant and hotel sells at auction
- 4 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 5 Tiny dog almost loses leg after stepping on broken glass
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 7 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 8 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 9 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 10 Former town centre pub set to become flats
David Hutchinson, from Community Connections, said he would like to thank everyone involved in the day including Jankie D's community workshops, Norfolk Fire Service, Great Yarmouth Bras Band, and stallholders.
It is hoped to hold a similar event next year.
Pictured are Yazmin and Tazmin, two of the Commoners Youth Club taking part in the Under the Sea Fashion Parade.