Yarmouth fun day boosts community pride
SOUTHTOWN Common in Great Yarmouth has been put firmly on the map organisers of a community fun day said this week. The event achieved its aim to build on community pride in the area and for local residents to have some fun.
SOUTHTOWN Common in Great Yarmouth has been put firmly on the map organisers of a community fun day said this week.
The event achieved its aim to build on community pride in the area and for local residents to have some fun.
Organised by Halfway House Co-op and The Commoners Youth Club the event included a series of activities and displays by various way.
Dozens of people attended the event taking with some taking part in a skateboard competition thanks to Smash Skates, a fashion parade, music face painting and street dancing.
The event was supported by the Cobholm and Southtown safer neighbourhood team, Community Connections, and Yarmouth Borough Council community housing.
Yarmouth MP Tony Wright opened the event which took place last Wednesday.
- 1 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
- 2 What's happening with Great Yarmouth's £4.7m market revamp?
- 3 Man avoids jail for entering ex-partner's home in court order breach
- 4 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 5 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 6 Hotel boss drove to pick up son from school while banned
- 7 'It has saved my life' - Mandalay food bank users' despair at closure
- 8 E-scooter rider who collided with child among 21 banned in trial
- 9 Former pub and nightclub up for auction in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
David Hutchinson, from Community Connections, said he would like to thank everyone involved in the day including Jankie D's community workshops, Norfolk Fire Service, Great Yarmouth Bras Band, and stallholders.
It is hoped to hold a similar event next year.
Pictured are Yazmin and Tazmin, two of the Commoners Youth Club taking part in the Under the Sea Fashion Parade.