Yarmouth garage sells car for £1
A CAR put up for sale on a Great Yarmouth forecourt for £1 was sold within hours of being advertised. Sidegate Motors, on Gapton Hall Industrial Estate, sold the 11-year-old Renault Megane Scenic diesel turbo for £1 as an advertising exercise.
A CAR put up for sale on a Great Yarmouth forecourt for £1 was sold within hours of being advertised.
Sidegate Motors, on Gapton Hall Industrial Estate, sold the 11-year-old Renault Megane Scenic diesel turbo for £1 as an advertising exercise.
The car featured in the Mercury's sister paper The Advertiser yesterday and within hours of the paper coming out the bargain basement car had been snapped up by a local man.
Sidegate Motors owner George Ermini said he sold the car for the mega low price of £1 as an advertising exercise and to free up space on the forecourt.
He said: “The selection of vehicles featured in the advert is our trade selection, cars we have taken as part exchange. We have so much stock I just wanted it out of the way so we put it up for sale for £1.”
Mr Ermini added the exercise proved his advert was read well as the garage received 30 calls enquiring about the car in juts one afternoon.
- 1 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 2 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 3 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 4 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 5 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 6 'This is really big for us' - All the fun from Caister lifeboat day
- 7 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 8 What we know so far about major Paramount series filming in Norfolk
- 9 'I am kinder to myself' - Mum-of-three on being diagnosed with autism at 50
- 10 Theme park cuts ticket price and offers local discount
“It proves people read the adverts. We'd received about 30 calls between 2.30pm and 6.30pm yesterday,” said Mr Ermini.
He added: “It is ideal for someone to do up and that's just what the man who bought it is going to do. He is guaranteed to make a profit because for scrap you would get about £75. Taking it to scrap and car auctions is all time and money for us.”