Yarmouth GP practice in good health say inspectors
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2010
A Great Yarmouth GP practice has been given a clean bill of health.
Inspectors from watchdog the Care Quality Commission (CQC) arrived unannounced at the Nelson GP Practice, in Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre, on Halloween.
The Pasteur Road practice passed all of the four key areas which ensures it is treating patients properly, and bosses said they are delighted.
In the CQC report, just published, inspectors wrote: “We spoke with two people who used the service. Both were satisfied with the service provided.
“We also inspected the results of the recent patient survey and compliments received by the service.
“People had commented ‘I can only say that I am satisfied with everything’ and ‘The doctor was absolutely fantastic.’
“We saw that the building was clean and well maintained.”
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 6 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
Dr Taj Mirza, senior doctor at The Nelson, said: “We are very pleased indeed that the CQC has found The Nelson meets the required standards and we are proud and grateful that our patients have spoken so well and kindly towards our service and our staff.
“We always aim to provide a first rate service to our patients and will continue to improve what we do wherever we can.”
The practice is part of social enterpriseEast Coast Community Healthcare (ECCH).
Dr Mirza is Medical Director of ECCH.
The Nelson GP Practice is accepting new patients.