Yarmouth gran's burglary shock
A grandmother was shocked to wake up to find her Great Yarmouth home had been burgled while she and her grandson were asleep a court heard yesterday.She found a window in her conservatory was broken and items moved about the home.
A grandmother was shocked to wake up to find her Great Yarmouth home had been burgled while she and her grandson were asleep a court heard yesterday.
She found a window in her conservatory was broken and items moved about the home. Norwich Crown Court heard the victim was so distressed she had to go round to her neighbours and police were then called to the scene. It was found that high value electrical items had been taken including a laptop, Xbox games, a microwave, mobile phone and DVD player.
Blood left at the break in was found to belong to Lithuanian Pavel Butkiewicz who through immigration was traced to Wales. Butkiewicz, 21 of no fixed address admitted the burglary on June 25 this year.
Jailing him for 15 months Judge Paul Downes told him “this was an overnight burglary when people were in the home” he added that it was clear the break in had caused particular distress to the victim.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Oliver for Butkiewicz said he had come up to Norfolk on the promise of work but this had not materialised “this left him with no money, he committed this offence to provide him with food and money. It was not planned.”
Mr Oliver said he was an unsophisticated offence as he had left blood at the scene. He said Butkiewicz had now moved to Wales where he would have work and accommodation on his release.
- 1 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 8 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 9 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 10 'Busy' wildlife rescue centre bids for a permanent home