Yarmouth heroin addict jailed
A HEROIN addict who robbed a woman of �120 at a cashpoint in Great Yarmouth was yesterday jailed for two years.Renato Fonseca, 31, grabbed the cash from the terrified woman, who had just used the machine in Trafalgar Road.
A HEROIN addict who robbed a woman of �120 at a cashpoint in Great Yarmouth was yesterday jailed for two years.
Renato Fonseca, 31, grabbed the cash from the terrified woman, who had just used the machine in Trafalgar Road.
The 30-year-old victim fought back and gave chase to Fonseca before falling to the ground with the
You may also want to watch:
During the struggle Norwich Crown Court heard she received bruises and a black eye before Fonseca managed to get away.
Douglas Mackay, prosecuting, said Fonseca was arrested for the robbery the following day.
- 1 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 4 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 7 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 8 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
In an impact statement the victim said the incident had affected her confidence.
Fonseca, of Standard Road, Yarmouth, admitted robbery on April 27 this year.
Recorder Ian Foster, told him: “The offence is so serious nothing other than a custodial sentence can be justified.”
Jonathan Morgans, mitigating, said at the time Fonseca had a �20 a day heroin habit.
He had wrongly thought the victim was a woman who owed him
He said the robbery had been out of character and said Fonseca had a “total insight” into the offence.