Yarmouth dad ‘shocked’ at daughter’s suspicious death
- Credit: Balou46/Wikimedia
A man living in Great Yarmouth has paid tribute to his daughter whose body was found in Shetland.
Mother of two Tracy Anderson, 40, was found dead outside a house on Tuesday (July 30) in Lerwick, the Scottish Sun has reported.
Her father, Derek Smith, 73, told the newspaper he had not had much contact with his daughter in recent years.
"This is such a massive shock. It's hard to accept she's gone," he said.
He added: "Tracy was a very independent girl. We last spoke three or four months ago."
Police in Scotland have declared her death to be suspicious and arrested a 31-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman.
Residents reported that Ms Anderson had left her home in the early hours to go to the bank.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 3 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 6 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 8 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 9 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
Uniformed officers cordoned off the death scene and travellers were quizzed at the islands' main airport.