Yarmouth pool to host fundraising swim
SWIMMERS are being urged to dive in to a charity fundraiser across Norfolk and Waveney.People can join the 2009 Marie Curie Cancer Care Swimathon at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich, Britain's biggest indoor sporting facility, as well as at pools in Yarmouth, North Walsham, Sheringham, Bungayand Diss.
SWIMMERS are being urged to dive in to a charity fundraiser across Norfolk and Waveney.
People can join the 2009 Marie Curie Cancer Care Swimathon at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich, Britain's biggest indoor sporting facility, as well as at pools in Yarmouth, North Walsham, Sheringham, Bungayand Diss.
The event, hailed as the world's largest fundraising swim, will take place between April 16 and 19 as part of a national campaign to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Keith Nicholls, director of sports and PE at Sportspark, said: “By getting in our pool and swimming your chosen distance, you are not only keeping yourself fit and active but you are helping thousands of people across the country.”
You may also want to watch:
Eleanor Simmonds, who last year became Britain's youngest ever individual Olympic gold medallist, is fronting the campaign.
She said: “Swimming is something I really enjoy and I think anybody would if they set themselves a challenge. It is a great way to keep fit and have fun with your friends - taking part in Swimathon means you can do both.”
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 8 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
You can join in at the Sportspark, Diss Stradbroke Pool, Yarmouth Marina Leisure Centre, Splash in Sheringham, the Victory Swimming and Fitness Centre in North Walsham and Bungay Pool And Gym.
Go to www.swimathon.org or call 0845 36 700 36. The deadline for registration is 11.45am on Tuesday April 14.