Search

Yarmouth residents evacuated from flats

PUBLISHED: 10:07 26 March 2009 | UPDATED: 13:27 03 July 2010

FIREFIGHTERS evacuated 10 people from flats in Great Yarmouth following a fire caused by overcooked food.

The incident started in a second floor flat in Victoria Road when a pan containing the food was left on the worktop which caught fire at 7.

FIREFIGHTERS evacuated 10 people from flats in Great Yarmouth following a fire caused by overcooked food.

The incident started in a second floor flat in Victoria Road when a pan containing the food was left on the worktop which caught fire at 7.20pm yesterday.

Fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said the fire crews took 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury