Yarmouth residents evacuated from flats

FIREFIGHTERS evacuated 10 people from flats in Great Yarmouth following a fire caused by overcooked food.The incident started in a second floor flat in Victoria Road when a pan containing the food was left on the worktop which caught fire at 7.

FIREFIGHTERS evacuated 10 people from flats in Great Yarmouth following a fire caused by overcooked food.

The incident started in a second floor flat in Victoria Road when a pan containing the food was left on the worktop which caught fire at 7.20pm yesterday.

Fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said the fire crews took 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter