Guided Great Yarmouth walks aiming to improve mental wellbeing
- Credit: Genevieve Rudd
A new Great Yarmouth-based community project is offering guided walks and workshops for mental wellbeing.
Yarmouth Springs Eternal is a new community arts, walking and nature project happening this spring led by community artist Genevieve Rudd, in partnership with originalprojects.
There will be a particular focus on highlighting overlooked spaces and celebrating everyday interactions with the natural world.
The project aims to explore the importance of the natural world and creating community spirit to improve peoples' mental health.
The programme includes a series of community artist-led walks and workshops, attended by adults with lived experience of homelessness and migration.
You may also want to watch:
The workshops will include socially distanced group walks around town, taking notice of nature in unexpected places and making art inspired by their discoveries.
From May, a series of public events and exhibitions will be taking place at the Great Yarmouth art gallery, Primeyarc, based in the ex-Debenhams unit in Market Gates Shopping Centre.
For more information, visit Genevieve Rudd's website.
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 3 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 4 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 5 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 7 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 10 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'