Guided Great Yarmouth walks aiming to improve mental wellbeing
- Credit: Genevieve Rudd
A new Great Yarmouth-based community project is offering guided walks and workshops for mental wellbeing.
Yarmouth Springs Eternal is a new community arts, walking and nature project happening this spring led by community artist Genevieve Rudd, in partnership with originalprojects.
There will be a particular focus on highlighting overlooked spaces and celebrating everyday interactions with the natural world.
The project aims to explore the importance of the natural world and creating community spirit to improve peoples' mental health.
The programme includes a series of community artist-led walks and workshops, attended by adults with lived experience of homelessness and migration.
You may also want to watch:
The workshops will include socially distanced group walks around town, taking notice of nature in unexpected places and making art inspired by their discoveries.
From May, a series of public events and exhibitions will be taking place at the Great Yarmouth art gallery, Primeyarc, based in the ex-Debenhams unit in Market Gates Shopping Centre.
For more information, visit Genevieve Rudd's website.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires