Yarmouth student breaks down age barrier
A community minded 19-year-old Yarmouth student has been breaking down the age barriers at a residential home.Cassy Hamilton has set up the Become Wiser Younger volunteer scheme at the Burgh House Residential Home for the Elderly in Burgh Castle to encourage the young and old to mix.
A community minded 19-year-old Yarmouth student has been breaking down the age barriers at a residential home.
Cassy Hamilton has set up the Become Wiser Younger volunteer scheme at the Burgh House Residential Home for the Elderly in Burgh Castle to encourage the young and old to mix.
Cassy and other Yarmouth College students have helped organise a series of fun activities at the home, including a trip to the Hippodrome Circus and nail painting
In the latest stage of the scheme the art and design student had handed over five bountiful planters to the home's 32 residents.
You may also want to watch:
Cassy set up the Become Wiser Younger project through the college's enrichment programme and she has so impressed staff at the home that she is now its part time entertainer co-ordinator.
She decided to get involved at the home after the death of her grandfather made her realise that the young and old had so much to share with each other.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 4 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
It is hoped that other residential homes in the region will sign up to Cassy's and the college's enrichment scheme.