Yarmouth students toast of fashion world
GREAT Yarmouth was the toast of the fashion world this week after two young women from the town dazzled a London catwalk with their unusual designs.Tanya Clarke and Sophia Pownall were taking part in the second day of the prestigious Graduate Fashion Week at Earls Court.
GREAT Yarmouth was the toast of the fashion world this week after two young women from the town dazzled a London catwalk with their unusual designs.
Tanya Clarke and Sophia Pownall were taking part in the second day of the prestigious Graduate Fashion Week at Earls Court.
The former Yarmouth College students were among several hundred fashion students chosen to display their creative talents in front of the industry's top experts and buyers.
Although both women are in the final year of their fashion and textiles degree at Wiltshire College, they relied on former tutor at Yarmouth College, Donna Goddard, for advice on wowing the judges.
You may also want to watch:
The pair also used the college's industry standard digital printer to help create their showcase designs.
Tanya, 21, who wants to become a fashion house buyer, described her catwalk collection as haphazard formal sports wear - with clothes that could be turned upside down and inside out and which were adorned with smocking and drawstring necklines. She said: was really nerve-racking as there was a lot of good stuff at the show.”
- 1 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 4 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 8 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
Sophia, 22, made six outfits for her urban style menswear collection, which was made of sheer fabric and knitted denim and leggings.