Yarmouth students toast of fashion world
GREAT Yarmouth was the toast of the fashion world this week after two young women from the town dazzled a London catwalk with their unusual designs.Tanya Clarke and Sophia Pownall were taking part in the second day of the prestigious Graduate Fashion Week at Earls Court.
GREAT Yarmouth was the toast of the fashion world this week after two young women from the town dazzled a London catwalk with their unusual designs.
Tanya Clarke and Sophia Pownall were taking part in the second day of the prestigious Graduate Fashion Week at Earls Court.
The former Yarmouth College students were among several hundred fashion students chosen to display their creative talents in front of the industry's top experts and buyers.
Although both women are in the final year of their fashion and textiles degree at Wiltshire College, they relied on former tutor at Yarmouth College, Donna Goddard, for advice on wowing the judges.
You may also want to watch:
The pair also used the college's industry standard digital printer to help create their showcase designs.
Tanya, 21, who wants to become a fashion house buyer, described her catwalk collection as haphazard formal sports wear - with clothes that could be turned upside down and inside out and which were adorned with smocking and drawstring necklines. She said: was really nerve-racking as there was a lot of good stuff at the show.”
- 1 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 2 Drone images show devastation caused by holiday centre fire
- 3 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 4 Missing man from Gorleston found
- 5 Yarmouth police officer admits seven child porn offences
- 6 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 9 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 10 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
Sophia, 22, made six outfits for her urban style menswear collection, which was made of sheer fabric and knitted denim and leggings.