Yarmouth super slimmers
A PAIR of Great Yarmouth slimmers are reaping the benefits after successfully beating the bulge.Nicola Scott and Tammy Harrower have seen their confidence levels soar as their weight has plummeted in the last few months.
A PAIR of Great Yarmouth slimmers are reaping the benefits after successfully beating the bulge.
Nicola Scott and Tammy Harrower have seen their confidence levels soar as their weight has plummeted in the last few months.
The two women both won their slimming groups greatest loser competition after shedding more than 11 stone between them.
A carer at the Heathers Nursing Home in Bradwell, Nicola has shrunk from 15st 12lb to 10st 7lb since joining Yarmouth Slimming World group in January last year.
You may also want to watch:
The 25 year old has swapped her former diet of snack and junk foods for healthy meals of pasta and vegetables. She was encouraged to slim down by dad Ray who has promised to pay �200 when Nicola reaches her target weight of 9st12lb.
Nicola said: “The good thing is I can still have some treats and I enjoy the odd bit of chocolate and a beer. I feel so much happier shopping for clothes - I always wore skirts, but looked a bit of a mess in them before. My boyfriend Dan didn't say a lot about me being overweight, but is very pleased with my new figure.”
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 9 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
Pre-school practitioner Tammy, 39, had struggled with her weight for many years before joining the North Yarmouth Slimming World group last year. Since then the mum of two has seen her weight fall from 19st 13lb to 13st 10lb and dress size plummet from a size 32 to 20.
Colleagues at Northgate St Andrew Junior School have also shared in Tammy's success, enjoying a meal out every time she loses a stone. And daughters Sherry, 18, and sixteen year old Paige have been inspired by their mum's success to also lose weight.
“Friends and family are really pleased and I have had 100pc support from the girls at work,” said Tammy. “My diet has changed drastically; it has been out with the cakes and crisps and in with fresh fruit and vegetables.
“The fact the kids have grown up helped, I brought them up on my own and all my attention was focused on them. Now I am enjoying some 'me' time - they say that life begins at 40 but mine is starting that little bit earlier.”
For details on Yarmouth Slimming World groups, call David Dagnall on 01493 751440 or 07887920767.