Yarmouth: teenagers steal cash from taxi
A GANG of teenage girls stole money from a taxi driver before punching him in the face and running off down an alleyway.The incident happened at about 11.
A GANG of teenage girls stole money from a taxi driver before punching him in the face and running off down an alleyway.
The incident happened at about 11.20pm on Friday, November 28, when the taxi driver picked up four teenage girls up from King Street, Great Yarmouth.
The driver was heading to Marine Parade when he noticed one of the girls take money from a side door pocket. He asked for his money back and headed back towards King Street when one of the girls suddenly jumped out of the cab.
Concerned for the girls safety the driver stopped his cab but was punched in the left eye by one of the girls.
You may also want to watch:
The gang then ran off down an alleyway and got away with cash.
Anyone with information about the incident, which happened at about 11.20pm, should contact PC Richard Green at Yarmouth police station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 2 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 6 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 7 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale