Yarmouth to star in TV ad
GREAT Yarmouth is to promote itself for the second year running in a series of television adverts targeted at day trippers.The �39,000 campaign of 30-second adverts on ITV1 will be launched on Friday at 6.
GREAT Yarmouth is to promote itself for the second year running in a series of television adverts targeted at day trippers.
The �39,000 campaign of 30-second adverts on ITV1 will be launched on Friday at 6.58pm, just before Emmerdale, and will be shown 59 times up to July 31.
The resort's marketing manager Kirsty Burn hailed the venture as a triumph of partnership working, the advert having been funded by the borough council, tourist authority, seafront attractions, traders and a number of hotels and guesthouses.
The advert features a young couple, a family with children and two mature, trendy women to convey the message that the resort offers something for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
Starting with a young couple on the beach at sunrise, the advert follows a stay in Yarmouth, with the actors being filmed at a number of locations, from heritage and family attractions to restaurants. It ends with an offer to viewers to download money-saving vouchers for their next visit.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 3 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 4 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 5 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 6 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears
- 7 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 8 Photo gallery: Memories of the lost lido at Gorleston seafront
- 9 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 10 65,000 attend Out There Festival