Yarmouth to star in TV ad
GREAT Yarmouth is to promote itself for the second year running in a series of television adverts targeted at day trippers.The �39,000 campaign of 30-second adverts on ITV1 will be launched on Friday at 6.
GREAT Yarmouth is to promote itself for the second year running in a series of television adverts targeted at day trippers.
The �39,000 campaign of 30-second adverts on ITV1 will be launched on Friday at 6.58pm, just before Emmerdale, and will be shown 59 times up to July 31.
The resort's marketing manager Kirsty Burn hailed the venture as a triumph of partnership working, the advert having been funded by the borough council, tourist authority, seafront attractions, traders and a number of hotels and guesthouses.
The advert features a young couple, a family with children and two mature, trendy women to convey the message that the resort offers something for everyone.
Starting with a young couple on the beach at sunrise, the advert follows a stay in Yarmouth, with the actors being filmed at a number of locations, from heritage and family attractions to restaurants. It ends with an offer to viewers to download money-saving vouchers for their next visit.
- 1 CCTV appeal after series of Great Yarmouth burglaries
- 2 Out of stock: Great Yarmouth food bank's uncertain future
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 5 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 6 Hundreds sign petition calling for coastal villages bus route to Norwich
- 7 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 8 School centre to be named after lifeboat stalwart
- 9 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 10 Ask the Mercury: What is happening to White Lion steps?