Yarmouth woman, 87, raped
AN investigation has been launched after an 87-year-old woman was raped in her Great Yarmouth home.The aattack is believed to have occurred between 3pm and 8.
AN investigation has been launched after an 87-year-old woman was raped in her Great Yarmouth home.
The attack is believed to have occurred between 3pm and 8.45pm on Easter Monday, at the victim's address in the area between Victoria Road and St Peter's Road.
Detectives from Yarmouth CID and the Major Investigation Team are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry and the victim is currently being cared for by her family, with the support of Social Services.
The offender is described as a white male, aged between 30 and 40, with an untidy appearance and possibly wearing a hat.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer, Det Insp Stuart Armes of Great Yarmouth CID, said: “We are at the early stages of the investigation and in the process of establishing exactly what happened.
“The victim, who is vulnerable, has suffered a traumatic experience and is being questioned by specially trained officers.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 6 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
“Offences such as this are extremely rare and we are working with colleagues to help reassure the local community. I would ask anyone living or working in the area who saw anyone acting suspiciously and who meets this description to contact police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Insp Armes at Yarmouth CID on 0845 456 4567.