Yarmouth workers' fashion show
A group of glamorous Great Yarmouth Borough Council workers have helped to raise more than �450 for good causes by taking part in a fashion show.The female staff strutted their stuff wearing a wide range of colourful clothes at the Furzedown Hotel.
A group of glamorous Great Yarmouth Borough Council workers have helped to raise more than �450 for good causes by taking part in a fashion show.
The female staff strutted their stuff wearing a wide range of colourful clothes at the Furzedown Hotel.
About 90 people attended the show which supported Tony Smith the mayor of Yarmouth's chosen good causes for his year in office - the Kingfisher Boxing Club, the St Nicholas' Church Preservation Trust and the Winterton marine cadets.
As well as �450 in tickets sales and donations, another �50 should be donated from a sale of clothes by Sarah Symonds from Thetford-based Artichoke Collection.
You may also want to watch:
The mayor's secretary Laura Goodman said: “The women really enjoyed it - they were just like experienced models.”
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 3 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 6 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 7 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 8 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 9 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 10 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs