Yarmouth workers' fashion show
A group of glamorous Great Yarmouth Borough Council workers have helped to raise more than �450 for good causes by taking part in a fashion show.The female staff strutted their stuff wearing a wide range of colourful clothes at the Furzedown Hotel.
A group of glamorous Great Yarmouth Borough Council workers have helped to raise more than �450 for good causes by taking part in a fashion show.
The female staff strutted their stuff wearing a wide range of colourful clothes at the Furzedown Hotel.
About 90 people attended the show which supported Tony Smith the mayor of Yarmouth's chosen good causes for his year in office - the Kingfisher Boxing Club, the St Nicholas' Church Preservation Trust and the Winterton marine cadets.
As well as �450 in tickets sales and donations, another �50 should be donated from a sale of clothes by Sarah Symonds from Thetford-based Artichoke Collection.
You may also want to watch:
The mayor's secretary Laura Goodman said: “The women really enjoyed it - they were just like experienced models.”
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 5 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 6 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 7 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 8 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 9 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates