Yarmouth youth centre plans to be heard
GREAT Yarmouth's councillors are set to hear details of Newtown Youth Centre's successful quest for funding and exciting plans for the coming year.Centre secretary, Carl Harding, will share the detail and design of the building plans, expected to be submitted in the coming weeks, at the Yarmouth Area Scrutiny Committee on Wednesday, February 3.
GREAT Yarmouth's councillors are set to hear details of Newtown Youth Centre's successful quest for funding and exciting plans for the coming year.
Centre secretary, Carl Harding, will share the detail and design of the building plans, expected to be submitted in the coming weeks, at the Yarmouth Area Scrutiny Committee on Wednesday, February 3.
Councillors will hear how the funding, which includes money donated by Great Yarmouth Borough Council, will allow the club to progress over the coming year.
Committee chairman Mike Taylor said: “The committee looks at the important issues for Yarmouth, and the campaign to help secure the future of Newtown Youth Centre was high on the agenda at our first meeting in October last year.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted, that by the first meeting of 2010, things have turned around for the centre and the future is bright for them and the hundreds of children and young people they help.”
The committee meets at 6pm in the Supper Room at the Town Hall, with the meeting of the ten Yarmouth borough councillors also set to discuss car parking in the town centre and seafront and flood plans.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 10 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meeting, but questions need to be submitted by Wednesday, January 27 to Christina Webb, senior member services officer, Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Town Hall, Hall Plain, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2QG.
The Gorleston Area Scrutiny Committee meets Wednesday, March 3 to discuss issues specific to Gorleston residents. Details of the agenda and location for the meeting will be announced next month.