Yellow peril of L-plate car
A HORSE rider is trying to trace a carful of whooping lads who swerved towards her horse “for a laugh” while tearing around rural roads.Paris Horton hopes the distinctive yellow Renault with L-plates will help police to identify the group whose reckless driving endangered her and the horse she was riding, Zulu.
A HORSE rider is trying to trace a carful of whooping lads who swerved towards her horse “for a laugh” while tearing around rural roads.
Paris Horton hopes the distinctive yellow Renault with L-plates will help police to identify the group whose reckless driving endangered her and the horse she was riding, Zulu.
The 20-year-old who rides around Browston most days said drivers were usually courteous, slowing so as not to spook the horse.
Luckily Zulu, she said, was a very stable animal, not easily scared. However, she had a friend who rode a more skittish animal and if the incident had happened to her, the effect could have been devastating, causing the animal to rear up, or to bolt or to leap on top of the car.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened on Hobland Road on Saturday evening.
Miss Horton, of Oulton Broad, has reported the incident to the police who need the registration number of the car.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 4 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
Anyone with information can call Norfolk Police via 08454 564567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.