Yobs and wreckers beware, says team
POLICE at Acle are getting tough with youths whose misbehaviour is making people's lives a misery.New priorities for the Acle Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will focus on problems in three different locations:Acle - Youths drinking and vandalising property behind the medical centre.
POLICE at Acle are getting tough with youths whose misbehaviour is making people's lives a misery.
New priorities for the Acle Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will focus on problems in three different locations:
Acle - Youths drinking and vandalising property behind the medical centre.
Freethorpe - Youths at the village hall shouting, screaming and revving vehicle engines.
You may also want to watch:
Lingwood - Minor vandalism caused by drunken youths.
The priorities, the focus for the next three months, were agreed at the latest Acle Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel meeting.
- 1 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 2 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 3 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 6 Man caught drying cannabis he had stolen from father-in-law
- 7 Great Yarmouth church to receive £300k grant
- 8 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 9 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 10 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
Those present also learned about the work the SNT did to tackle anti- social behaviour in another part of its patch, at Rackheath.
At Lingwood, the team has conducted high- visibility patrols and made clear to those causing problems how their behaviour has affected villagers.
Work has also been done with youth club workers
to try to encourage youngsters to attend the club rather than congre-gate outside.
And the team has used enforcement measures, including street cautions, for drug possession, as well as stop-and-search powers.
The next Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel meeting is on May 29, at 7.30pm, at Freethorpe Village Hall.
To contact the Acle SNT, call 0845 456 4567 or visit www.safernorfolk.co.uk