Yobs and wreckers beware, says team
POLICE at Acle are getting tough with youths whose misbehaviour is making people's lives a misery.New priorities for the Acle Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will focus on problems in three different locations:Acle - Youths drinking and vandalising property behind the medical centre.
POLICE at Acle are getting tough with youths whose misbehaviour is making people's lives a misery.
New priorities for the Acle Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will focus on problems in three different locations:
Acle - Youths drinking and vandalising property behind the medical centre.
Freethorpe - Youths at the village hall shouting, screaming and revving vehicle engines.
You may also want to watch:
Lingwood - Minor vandalism caused by drunken youths.
The priorities, the focus for the next three months, were agreed at the latest Acle Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel meeting.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 3 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 4 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 5 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 8 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 9 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 10 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
Those present also learned about the work the SNT did to tackle anti- social behaviour in another part of its patch, at Rackheath.
At Lingwood, the team has conducted high- visibility patrols and made clear to those causing problems how their behaviour has affected villagers.
Work has also been done with youth club workers
to try to encourage youngsters to attend the club rather than congre-gate outside.
And the team has used enforcement measures, including street cautions, for drug possession, as well as stop-and-search powers.
The next Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel meeting is on May 29, at 7.30pm, at Freethorpe Village Hall.
To contact the Acle SNT, call 0845 456 4567 or visit www.safernorfolk.co.uk