Young carer from Filby died from overdose
A 23-year-old carer who was making plans for the future died from an overdose of medication, an inquest heard.
Cally-Ann McAndrew was found dead by her mother at their home in Filby on the morning of January 16 this year.
The former Flegg High School pupil was described as a bubbly character, who had aspirations of studying pharmacy at the University of East Anglia.
In the days prior to her death she had fallen out with her boyfriend, who accused her of meeting up with her ex-boyfriend.
An inquest in Norwich yesterday concluded that Miss McAndrew died as a result of an overdose of painkillers, but ruled out suicide.
In a written statement, her mother, Lisa, said her daughter did not appear stressed when she went to bed on the night of January 15.
But at one point during the evening, she mentioned that she had been sick, before returning to her room.
The inquest heard how Miss McAndrew had worked as a carer for the past four years with Allied Healthcare.
In 2014 she injured her shoulder and neck during a boxercise class and was off work for several months.
She was prescribed various painkillers during that period, but she stopped taking them in August last year so she could go back to work.
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake ruled out suicide, adding: “Cally-Ann did not leave any note and it is clear from the evidence that she was normally a very happy young woman, who was making plans for the future.”
Giving a narrative conclusion, she said Miss McAndrew took an overdose and died as a result.