Your Christmas events line up in Yarmouth town centre
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Christmas is coming… Christmas is coming… it all kicks off in Great Yarmouth next week!
GREAT YARMOUTH CHRISTMAS FAYRE
(Friday, November 25 – Sunday, November 27)
The annual three-day free entry Christmas Fayre will feature a selection of hand craft stalls in the Minster and festive food and specialist gift stalls and entertainment on the Market Place with live music, free roadtrain rides and costume characters
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SWITCH ON, LATE NIGHT SHOPPING - AND FIREWORKS!
(Friday, November 25 from 6.30pm )
Celebrate the arrival of Santa by joining the Mayor of Great Yarmouth and special guests for an evening of live music and entertainment with the switching-on of the town’s festive illuminations in the Market Place at 7pm followed by a rooftop firework display.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 6 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 7 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 8 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 9 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 10 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
LATE NIGHT SHOPPING
(Every Wednesday from November 30 to December 21)
Late night shopping with festive music, walkabout characters and the donkey reindeer adding to the Christmas atmosphere.
TREE AND CRIB FESTIVAL
(Friday, December 9 to Sunday, December 18, 10am to 4pm)
A spectacular display of Christmas tree and cribs in the Minster, created by local community groups, schools and businesses, includes Hunt the Snowman competition for children.
LANTERN PARADE, LATE NIGHT SHOPPING AND CAROLS
(Wednesday, December 14 from 6pm)
The annual Christmas procession of lanterns, large and small, led by reindeer and followed by carol singing around the Christmas tree in the Market Place with shops open until late.
Free parking after 4pm
Free parking in all town centre (council operated) car parks after 4pm every day.