Youths blamed for starting fire
YOUTHS were seen lighting a fire which razed a large area of the sand dunes at Winterton-on-Sea on Friday.The flames covered one hectare of grass at the site near the Winterton Valley Holiday Park, which witnesses first noticed at about 5pm.
YOUTHS were seen lighting a fire which razed a large area of the sand dunes at Winterton-on-Sea on Friday.
The flames covered one hectare of grass at the site near the Winterton Valley Holiday Park, which witnesses first noticed at about 5pm.
Three fire crews were called out to the blaze and remain at the seen until just after 7pm to make sure it was safe.
A spokesman from the fire service said the fire was believed to have been started deliberately after witnesses reported seeing youngsters start it.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Finch, a holiday maker visiting from Essex, said the smoke turned the sky around nearby holiday homes grey.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 3 Nine cars damaged in overnight spree in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 5 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 6 Drone captures unique view of Norfolk landmark
- 7 Woman, 29, gets cervical cancer all-clear after lockdown shock
- 8 How can Hemsby best be protected from surging seas?
- 9 Woman threatened with 10in bread knife and two meat cleavers, court told
- 10 Free wi-fi launched in Great Yarmouth’s Market Place