Gorleston FC suffered a 5-2 home defeat to Tilbury last weekend.

With their first foray into the Gorleston box, Tilbury took the lead in the 14th minute when a cross from the left was guided into the corner of the net by the head of Martin Tuohy.

Four minutes later it got worse when a ball from the right was helped on by Tuohy to Charlie Morris who struck a low drive into the corner of the net from 25 yards.

Midway through the half Gorleston's Connor Ingram got behind Luke Reeve and was brought down just outside the box as he was about to be clear through on goal.

The referee showed Reeve a yellow card and the free kick came to nothing.

On the half hour mark, Ingram was in the thick of it again when he pounced on a fumble from goalkeeper Charlee Jackson.

The keeper appeared to bring Ingram down from behind but the referee adjudged that he had got to the ball first.

With the Greens still fuming from a sense of injustice, Tilbury scored again. Twice the Green's defence tried to clear the ball, twice it was blocked, including once by their own player, and the second deflection fell nicely into the path of Tuohy to strike into the goal.

In the second half Josh Okpolokpo put a free header from a free kick wide when he should have done better and Ingram tried a chest and volley from the edge of the box which went well over.

In the 63rd minute, Tilbury made it four. The Greens appeared to be in control at the back but the ball ended up with Tilbury crossing for Tom Salter to nod in from close range at the back post.

Angus Mackie came on for his 100th Gorleston appearance and Gorleston kept trying and had a series of corners but Tilbury defended well. They got some reward in the 77th minute when a free kick was lifted into the box and Gilfedder lofted his header over the keeper and into the net.

The Greens second goal saw Jamie North's corner flicked on by Okpolokpo at the near post and George Keys rose highest to head into the goal.

Any hopes of a very late comeback were put to bed in the 90th minute when Tilbury were awarded a penalty which Darnell Kithambo converted.

The result leaves Gorleston second from bottom in the Isthmian Football League North.

On Saturday, Gorleston travel to Maldon and Tiptree, kick off 1pm.