Gorleston picked up their first away point of the season when they battled Maldon & Tiptree to a 0-0 draw last weekend.

The Green's first effort came after nine minutes when Connor Ingram hit a shot on the turn but it was well over.

Five minutes later, Maldon came the closest in the half to opening the scoring when Harvey Sayer hit a shot from the edge of the box which bounced away off the crossbar then Benny Bioletti was inches away from a tap in at the back post from a low cross.

After 27 minutes Jake Jessup's clearance was charged down by Roman Campbell.

The ball spun up in the air. Jessup then fumbled his attempt to catch the spinning ball and it fell to Evan Collard. His shot towards goal was deflected wide by Jessup's outstretched arm.

Two minutes later, Gilfedder hit Gorleston's first effort on target but his shot from range was straight at the keeper.

A miskick at the back gave Kacy Parish a chance but he shot over, then a minute before the break Jessup tipped away a Campbell header from a long throw.

Maldon had the better of the first half but it was Gorleston who had most of the second half possession without being able to find the killer final ball or unduly trouble the home keeper.

A low Henry Pollock shot was straight at the Maldon keeper as the second half began. A minute later it was Jessup making a save low to his left to deny Scott Kemp.

Sayer then beat Jessup with a shot from an angle but it was into the sidenetting.

With ten minutes to go Deeks rose highest at the back post and thumped a header against the crossbar although it wouldn't have counted anyway as the referee said Deeks had been pushing.

Jessup denied Anthony McDonald then, with four minutes to go, Connor Ingram came the closest anybody had to breaking the deadlock when his sidefoot from six yards out hit the underside of the bar and bounced down on the line.

With the very last kick of the game, Jamie North hit a drive from 20 yards which the home keeper saved.

The draw leaves Gorleston second bottom of the league table.

On Saturday, Gorleston travel to second-placed Hashtag Utd, 2pm kick off.