Gorleston began their league campaign with a home 3-1 win against New Salamis.

Gorleston's line up showed just one change from last week's win in the FA Cup with Connor Ingram replacing Alby Matthews, who dropped to the bench.

This was Connor Ingram's 250th Gorleston appearance.

The Greens made a strong start and, after just four minutes, Dion Frary's header from a Jacek Zielonka free kick struck the post.

However, four minutes later, Gorleston did take the lead.

From a throw in, the ball was laid back to Henry Pollock who crossed from the left and Luke Johnson arrived at the near post to head in his first goal for the club.

With the wind at their backs, the visitors possibly had slightly more of the first half possession but Gorleston always looked in control and had a couple of speculative efforts from Connor Ingram and Zielonka but they were always going over.

Connor Ingram had an early second half shot go over and the Greens gained their first corner in the 52nd minute and were looking the most likely to score next.

That goal duly arrived in the 61st minute. Luke Johnson the provider this time as his cross from the right found Ryan Curtis storming in at the back post to head in from close range.

The Greens made it three, six minutes from time. Nathan Stewart was sent into the box by a through ball. He beat a defender and shot across goal. The shot was parried across goal by the keeper to where Luke Johnson was following up for a tap-in.

New Salamis gained a consolation goal in the second minute of seven added on at the end of the game with the Greens sloppy at the back, allowing Tala Lo Seye to sidefoot in.

It's back to FA Cup action for Gorleston on Saturday when they travel to Woodbridge Town in the Preliminary Round.

Great Yarmouth Town lost 4-0 away to Wivenhoe Town last weekend.

Wivenhoe scored their first goal in the the 43rd minute when a Harms free kick took a deflection off a defender's head before sailing into the net.   

The second period started in much the same fashion as the first half finished with the home side on top.

On 65 minutes Harms went clean through but was denied by Lane who dived bravely at his feet to prevent a certain goal, however less than a minute later the second goal did finally arrive when Dallinger scored with a unstoppable shot from 10 yards out to make it 2-0.

In stoppage time Yarmouth paid the price with a defensive mistake that allowed Gallifant to go clean through on goal to make it 3-0 and a minute later it became 4-0 when substitute Nwankwo slotted home from five yards out.   

Yarmouth have their first home game of the season on Saturday when they entertain Leiston FC Under 23's, kick off is 3pm.