Following their victory at Bedford Town in the FA Cup, Gorleston have been given a home draw in the third qualifying round.

The Greens will take on Hemel Hempstead Town at The Wellesley on September 30, kick-off at 3pm.

Hemel play in the National League South, two steps above the Greens. This will be the Greens' next game as they have this weekend off.

Last week, Gorleston Reserves travelled to Blofield Utd in the Anglian Combination Premier Division and earned a 5-0 victory thanks to a Jerry Dasaolu brace and one each from Lee George, Sam Wooldridge and Tyler Chambers.

Great Yarmouth Mercury: Alby Matthews saw this header saved but he went on to score twice moreAlby Matthews saw this header saved but he went on to score twice more (Image: Supplied)

Tomorrow (Saturday), the Reserves travel to Wroxham Reserves, kick off at Trafford Park is 2.30pm.

Gorleston Under 18s beat Waveney 2-0 on Tuesday night. Next Tuesday, the Under 18s travel to The Wellesley when they take on their Gt Yarmouth counterparts.

Bedford Town 2 Gorleston 3

Gorleston came from behind to inflict Bedford's first defeat of the season and progress into the third qualifying round of the FA Cup.

The Greens line-up showed five changes to the team that had lost at Bowers & Pitsea in the FA Trophy last time out.

Connor Deeks and Jacek Zielonka were both suspended, Henry Pollock and Alby Matthews dropped to the bench and Kyle Ingram was unavailable.

In came Lewis Johnson, Adam Tann, Craig Parker, Ryan Curtis and Luke Johnson. Jake Jessup made his 100th Gorleston appearance.

Bedford made four changes from their last game. The first half saw defences on top with chances at a premium. Luke Johnson forced the first real save of the game after 14 minutes after being played through by Dominic Docherty.

Ten minutes later it was Jessup's turn to push away Adam Watkins twenty yard shot. A minute before the break, Gorleston had a great chance to take the lead when Matthews, who had just replaced the injured Nathan Stewart, saw his header scooped off the line by the home keeper, making a great double save after parrying Luke Johnson's initial effort.

The game sprang to life two minutes into the second half. Gorleston failed to fully clear a corner and the ball fell to Jesse Akubine on the edge of the box and he sidefooted into the corner of the net via a deflection.

The Greens were behind for just six minutes. Luke Johnson weaved his way into the penalty area and drilled a low cross into the six-yard box where Alby Matthews turned the ball into the net at the far post.

There were appeals for a Gorleston penalty shortly after which were ignored but, midway through the half, Gorleston took the lead. Matthews turned provider with a low cross which was poked home at the near post by Henry Pollock.

Bedford piled on some pressure but, with eight minutes left, got themselves into a muddle clearing a Gorleston attack and Matthews pounced to turn the ball into the goal and give his side some breathing space.

The referee indicated seven minutes of stoppage time and it was in the fifth minute of that when Adam Cunnington turned his marker to get in behind and finish past Jessup to pull a goal back and set up a tense finish.