Acle find their range second half
Hindringham 0, Acle 4ACLE visited Hindringham for an Anglian Combination Premier Division game and continued where they left off the previous week when they defeated Cromer Town in the Norfolk County Senior Cup.
Hindringham 0, Acle 4
ACLE visited Hindringham for an Anglian Combination Premier Division game and continued where they left off the previous week when they defeated Cromer Town in the Norfolk County Senior Cup.
The visitors lost the toss and had to play against the strong wind with an ever-lowering strong sun in their eyes.
Against a side desperate for points Acle found it difficult to master the conditions and the speed of the raiding forwards, skilful football they played belying there lowly league position.
Acle's efforts during the first 45 minutes brought no fruition mainly due to the excellent performance of Richard Ostler in the home goal who managed to keep the score sheet blank.
The second half saw Acle reap reward for their chasing and harrowing of the home defenders and they finally found their shooting boots. With the strong wind on their backs it was only a matter of time before they had something to show for their monopoly of the second 45 minutes.
- 1 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 2 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 3 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 4 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 5 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 6 'This is really big for us' - All the fun from Caister lifeboat day
- 7 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 8 What we know so far about major Paramount series filming in Norfolk
- 9 'I am kinder to myself' - Mum-of-three on being diagnosed with autism at 50
- 10 Theme park cuts ticket price and offers local discount
With 63 minutes showing on the clock the ball was fed out to captain Warren Nicholls who curled a delightful ball into the penalty area to pick out young central defender Adam Faulkes. He drilled a firm shot beyond Osler's dive at the near post to open the scoring.
Within a minute Daniel Foreman had made an incredible rescue for the visitors and sent the Acle players forward again into the Hindringham penalty area where Damian Didwell hammered his first goal for Acle through a packed goalmouth.
After 76 minutes Lee Bennett waltzed through a gap big enough for a bus before dribbling round the keeper and scoring the visitors' third of the game before Ben Morgan repeated the act by scoring United's fourth which he steered into the left-hand corner following some good work from young Calton and the excellent Didwell.
Tomorrow, Acle entertain second-from-bottom Watton.