Acle goals flow
Acle United 4, North Walsham Town 0
BEAMING Acle boss Tony Ward admits his players are the masters of their own destiny after watching them hammer the hapless Angels.
It seems his team cannot stop scoring and now the total is 21 goals in five games. But they will be tested tomorrow when visiting Blofield United.
A fourth home league victory running was far too easy for an Acle side that is now soaring up the table following an indifferent time during November and December.
Acle took the lead in the eighth minute following an impressive start when Ricci Butler picked out Harry Maddison in the six-yard area and he slid the ball home past the helpless Kellett in the visitors’ goal.
It was mostly one-way traffic with the Walsham goal living a charmed life, making Acle keeper Scott Foreman a virtual spectator.
Acle went further ahead after three minutes of the second half. Daniel Foreman tricked his way past two defenders and picked out Nathan Thompson, who scooped the ball into the empty net.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 7 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 8 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
Acle scored their third when Maddisson was brought down as visiting tempers got frayed and Butler clinically converted the resulting spot-kick.
Ricci Butler made North Walsham pay for another lack of concentration when turning in the box and scoring Acle’s fourth goal.