Acle host county bowls match
EBF Bowls: With the senior county teams having a week off the spotlight was on the county under 25 bowlers as they took on Northants at Acle BC.
The Norfolk bowlers started strongly and led by 26 shots to nine after five ends, and by 10 ends the score was 45-21 in Norfolk’s favour. After 15 ends the gap had been extended and the Norfolk team led by 34 shots, 69-35.
This pattern continued throughout the game and at 20 ends the score was 90-49, at 25 ends 110-60.
With a late rally Northants reduced the deficit and the final score was Norfolk 134 Northants 87. Norfolk won on three of the four rinks.
Rink scores: Edward Lambert, Rhys Lloyd and Matthew Carter 37-23. Jordan Groves, Jess Ward and Matthew Sparrow 29-17. Sammi Coverdale, Daniel Seabourne and Ashley Smith 27-27. Dan Mills, Shane Mitchell and David Smith 41-20.
The team travel to Suffolk on Sunday for their next game which is being played at Kessingland BC starting at 1pm.
The full county teams travel on Saturday to take on Hunts, with the Adams team playing at Somersham Town BC and the Newton team playing at White Hart BC Warboys. Both games start at 2pm.
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 5 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
Teams. Adams Trophy, W Burrage, N Blyth and V Hudson; A Sayer, N Browne and B Sadler; J Hudson, J Cason and J Roope; M Chapman, T Baker and D Toyn; S Peach, M Wilkinson and I Whiley. J Annis, R Greef and C Lawrence.
Newton Trophy, G Todhunter, P Clutterbuck and N Chilvers; T Elvin, K Howlett and K Humphrey; P Cox, G Hewitt and D Sherman; R Bunton, M Bird and A Rowsell; S Reynolds, J Hudson and P Randell; J Groves, J Cook and A Manson.