Acle Ladies involved in exciting in-house match in Mason Trophy
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Acle Ladies A took on their B team in the Mason Trophy in what turned out to be a highly competitive game.
Lynne Cannell, Julia Crosby, Lillian Barber and Mel Haylett were up against Geraldine Reeve’s rink and won 16-11.
Jenny Kirby’s rink played Marie Morton’s rink and in a grand stand finish lost 15-16. The A team won 31-27 and next play Norfolk Bowling Club.
Away to Shotford the ladies B team had a good day with Jean Claxton, Sandra Faircloth and Zoe Roberts scoring two fives in their 25-5 win and Caroline Hines, Sue Moore and Julia Crosby scoring a five and two fours in their 20-13 win.
Fran Pope, Jude Ward and Elaine Donovan ran out victors 15-14 while Jackie Smith’s block lost 5-13. It was an excellent team performance and a deserved 65-45 win (7-1).
Away to County Arts Pam Symes, Sue Moore and Jackie Smith won their game 12-9 but Shirley Genery’s block lost 4-18, Rose Yaxley lost 4-21 and Julia Crosby lost 9-19. Result: 29-67 and 1-7 points.
Away to Browston B the Ladies C team were determined to enjoy their final visit to Browston. Jenny Woolaston, C Goodhand and Madge Wise won 15-7, Molly Newman, Wendy Woolaston and June Thomas won 15-13. Molly Hayton, Eileen Airey and Pauline Lewis won 13-10 and Val Giles’ block lost 8-20. Result 51-50 and 7-1 points.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
Playing Woodlands in the Top Ten League, Aron Linford, Jeff Chegwidden and Colin Minns won 20-11 while Barry McGrath and Alan Jones won the pairs 28-18. David Airey lost the fours 16-19 and Mick Askham the singles 9-21 (result 73-69 and 5-2 points).
At home to Dereham A the men’s C team wanted a win to keep in the promotion race. Bernard Westley, Keith Fox, Peter Evans and Gordon Ives finished 24-9 winners, Richard Hayton, David Wise, Brian Hearn and Mick Askham finished with a four to win 25-13, Alan Jones’ rink scored a scored a six on the 19th to finish 23-27 and John Lettice’s rink fought back well and finished 16-21. Result 88-70 and a 5-2 points win.
Forms are now available to enter Summer Indoor Leagues. The club are introducing a Monday morning league in addition to the Wednesday afternoon and Friday evening leagues (all mixed triples, £3 per league entry).