Acle indoor bowls round-up
Acle Indoor BowlsACLE Men's C at home to Great Yarmouth Marina A team needed to win to still stand a chance of promotion. Result 97-80 and 6-1 pointsRussell Thurtle, Derrick Willgress, Bill Downie and Pat Beales were 6-10 down at seven ends, scored a five on the ninth, another five on the 12th and by 15 ends were 26-12, going on to a comfortable 31-18 win.
Acle Indoor Bowls
ACLE Men's C at home to Great Yarmouth Marina A team needed to win to still stand a chance of promotion. Result 97-80 and 6-1 points
Russell Thurtle, Derrick Willgress, Bill Downie and Pat Beales were 6-10 down at seven ends, scored a five on the ninth, another five on the 12th and by 15 ends were 26-12, going on to a comfortable 31-18 win.
Roy Roofe, Ron Taylor, Bert West and Brian Grint by five ends were 11-3 up but then dropped a five on the eighth to go 11-12 down, scored four shots on the 15th to lead 22-14, scored another four on the 20th and finished 29-18. Keith Owen, Jim Cole, Ray Smith and Mick Askham scored a four on the seventh to go 12-5 up, at 14 ends were 13-17 down, with two ends to play it was 21-19, skip Mick managed to draw shot bowl on both ends and won 23-19. Ashley Smith's rink were nine each at 10 ends, 14-15 at 16 but finished 14-25.
The final match is at Lakeside and a 5-2 points defeat would still give Acle promotion.
The Mens B team went to Browston, who were looking to win promotion.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
Johnstone Mackie, Sid Siely, Stanley Ward and Bimbo Meeks went 0-7 down at four ends but hit back to win 27-16. Alan Rowsell's rink at seven ends were 11-4 up but lost 12-26. Eric George's rink lost 8-25. Les Smith's rink dropped a six on the first end came back to 11-12 at 12 then dropped a five on the 13th, failed to score again and lost 11-29. Result 58-96 and 1-6 points.
Away to Pinewood, the Mens A team knew a maximum point tally would give them a chance to win the championship. Result 76-78 and 1�-5� points.
Will Pitt, Roy Himpleman, Wyn Willimott, and Tim Stone at 10 ends they were 15-2 up, 19-8 at 15 and won 24-11. Mark Elliott, Rob Parker, Denis Goodley and Tony Dunton were 8-4 at 11 ends and 9-10 at 16 and drew 13 each. Patrick Willimott's rink dropped a five on the ninth to go 4-13 down, scored a five on the 14th for 14-17 but dropped a four on the 18th and lost 19-29.
George Tubby's rink dropped a five on the 12th to go 11-13 down but bounced back and were 20-13 at 15. At this point of the game the score line was 62-48 but then disaster struck as George dropped 12 shots in the last six ends and lost 20-25.