Acle Ladies B on top form
- Credit: James Bass
Acle Indoor Bowls Club Ladies B, on Friday, entertained Yarmouth Blue and were on top form.
Anita Nelson, Jean Claxton and Margarert Shields went 7-1 up at five ends and won 19-4. Val Hearn, Sue Moore and Rose Yaxley were 11-4 at five, dropped a five on the ninth but won 22-9. Pam Symes, Sandra Faircloth and Julia Crosby picked up a five on the third and won 23-7. Jude Ward, Elaine Donovan and Jackie Smith won 14-7. Result 78-27 and all eight points.
On Saturday, Ladies B welcomed Browston A for a top-of-the-table clash. Jean Claxton, Elaine Donovan and Jackie Smith scored a five on the ninth and went on to a comfortable 17-6 win.
Jude Ward, captain Sue Moore and Sue Smith had a magical eight on the 11th and went to a 23-10 win.
Margaret Shields’ block lost 11-20. Julia Crosby‘s block scored a six but lost 14-16. Result 65-52 and 6-2 points.
You may also want to watch:
The result puts Acle B back on top of the league with two games to play.
Away to North Walsham, Ladies A saw Lynne Cannell, Edna Land and Jenny Kirby win 14-11, Marion Himpleman’s block lose 12-15, Mel Haylett’s block lose 10-13 and Geraldine Reeves’ block lose 9-14. Result 45-53 and 1-7 points.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 4 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 5 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 6 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
On Saturday, Ladies A went to Gallows. Lynne Cannell, Brenda Cole and Barbara Meeks won 18-14, Margaret Arnold, Marie Morton and Mel Haylett drew 13-13, Geraldine Reeves’ block lost 11-15 and Marion Himpleman lost 11-16. Result 53-58 and 1.55-6.5 points.
At home to top-of-the-table Lowestoft Railway, the Mens C saw Barry McGrath, David Airey, Ken Scott-Greenard with Alan Kendall romp home 30-11.
Jeff Chedwiggin, David Crosby, Colin Minns and Alan Jones won 19-17, Richard Hayton, Derrick Willgress, Brian Hearn and captain Mick Askham won 26-13 and John Lettice’s rink finished 21-23. Result 96-64 and 6-1 points.
This puts them top of them league on shots difference with four games left and all to play for.