Acle Ladies keep their title hopes alive with hard-fought win
- Credit: Archant
Acle United Ladies moved into fourth place in the league and kept their title hopes alive after defeating Histon 2-1 at Bridewell Lane.
Histon stunned their hosts by taking the lead on 10 minutes. A ball over the top found Binge who fired home into the far bottom corner.
Acle continued to push forward and pressure exerted by the hosts finally reaped dividends midway through the half.
A long ball into the penalty area was half cleared to Burton who fed Pasque and the Acle midfielder lobbed the keeper from fully 25 yards.
Within three minutes of the restart Acle saw two efforts hit the Histon crossbar but with 15 minutes remaining they finally took the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Larkins chased a long ball to prevent a Histon goal-kick and she laid the ball back to Pasque, whose cross was converted by Knights at the second attempt.
This Sunday, Royston Town are the visitors in the final home game of the season (2pm).
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 6 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 7 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks