Acle win cup shoot-out
Acle United 0, Dersingham 0 (Acle win 5-4 on pens)
FOOTBALL: Hero of this Mummery Cup first round tie for Acle was again their youthful keeper Scott Foreman.
His handling was impeccable and he made the crucial save of the shoot-out. With the score 2-2, he guessed right and made a good save to deny Pearman and put Acle through to the next round.
The hosts just about shaded the first 45 minutes without being able to create any clear-cut chances until the 44th minute.
From a free-kick just outside the 18-yard area, Ricci Butler hit a venomous drive that struck the right-angle and bounced back into play where Maddison missing a gilt-edged chance from the rebound.
Yellow cards became the order of the day in the keenly-fought tie which, after extra-time, reached penalty shoot-out time.
The Acle penalty takers, who all showed how a spot-kick should be taken, were James Foreman, Ben Morgan, Joe Marsden, Ricci Butler and Scott Butler.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 3 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 9 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
Back to league action this week when second-placed Acle entertain Mattishall, the early leaders of the Anglian Combination title race with four wins out of four.