Annual Norfolk boxing show to commemorate the Armistice
- Credit: Archant
Kingfisher Amateur Boxing Club will return to Great Yarmouth’s Hippodrome for a special show, marking 100 years since guns fell silent.
The show aims to be a celebration of boxing in the east with clubs travelling from as far as Southampton, Hull and Birmingham.
A spokesperson from Kingfisher Boxing Club said: “We believe it is time to think about all of those who lived through this tragic and remarkable time, and who put Britain on the path to becoming what it is today.”
Kingfisher have invited local veterans to the show, to thank them for all they have given to the country.
Saturday the 10th November will see another milestone for the Kingfisher Amateur Boxing Club when they return to the Hippodrome for their annual club show.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 3.30pm on Saturday, November 10 and the boxing will start at 4pm. Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for children and can be purchased on 01493 844172.
- 1 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 2 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 3 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 4 Norfolk hospital records first Covid-related death in five days
- 5 'How much money has been spent?' - Street lamp lit for 12 years still not fixed
- 6 Ho, ho...go! Santa sleigh run going ahead with rule of six
- 7 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 10 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops