Annual Norfolk boxing show to commemorate the Armistice
- Credit: Archant
Kingfisher Amateur Boxing Club will return to Great Yarmouth’s Hippodrome for a special show, marking 100 years since guns fell silent.
The show aims to be a celebration of boxing in the east with clubs travelling from as far as Southampton, Hull and Birmingham.
A spokesperson from Kingfisher Boxing Club said: “We believe it is time to think about all of those who lived through this tragic and remarkable time, and who put Britain on the path to becoming what it is today.”
Kingfisher have invited local veterans to the show, to thank them for all they have given to the country.
Saturday the 10th November will see another milestone for the Kingfisher Amateur Boxing Club when they return to the Hippodrome for their annual club show.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 3.30pm on Saturday, November 10 and the boxing will start at 4pm. Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for children and can be purchased on 01493 844172.
- 1 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 4 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Man throws bottle through house window in confrontation
- 7 'Public' swimming pool could have to shut after mystery complaint
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk